Essential Hair Care Tips for your Lace Front Unit
Here are some guidelines for taking care of your 100% Virgin human hair from KinkyCurly Revolution. Remember, each hair bundle is unique and can have a long life IF you take good care of it! Virgin hair is an investment. The more effort you put into taking care of it, the more wear you will get out of it.
- Treat this hair as if it's YOUR OWN!
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
- At the same time, do not overload your hair with products! Usually less is more with kinky or curly hair. Take a little of your favorite curl custard or curl pudding and mix in a spray bottle with water. This is a good formula for everyday maintenance.
- Lace is a delicate material - always carefully comb or detangle the area where your unit's lace closure is.
- DO NOT sleep on wet hair.
- Avoid excessive heat, as this may change the natural curl pattern of the hair.
- If worn while swimming, be sure to use a clarifying shampoo and detangling conditioner afterward, to avoid damage from chlorine or salt water.
- Avoid alcohol based products.
- Just like your own real hair, the virgin hair may encounter tangles. We encourage using a water/conditioner mix in a spray bottle before combing through any tangles.
- Use a wide tooth comb or your fingers to detangle hair before washing or before regular wear (always when wet - don't detangle dry hair).
- A Denman brush can be used to define curls after detangling
- Start at the ends when detangling, and work your way up to the roots, not the other way round
- If you decide to dye the hair, you must remember to moisturize it more often. Shampoos and conditioners especially formulated for dyed hair are also a good investment.
- Use shampoos without harmful sulfates! And when washing your unit, do not soak or submerge it in water - it's best to wash it under cool running water.
- Don't forget conditioning is also a crucial step to prolong the life of your Virgin human hair unit.
- If you wear your unit to sleep, make sure you wear a silk bonnet/scarf or sleep on a silk pillowcase.
Thanks for joining the Revolution!!